Monday, May 25, 2009

You've lost that lovin feeling

I blog. So, obviously I enjoy reading other people's blogs. I even enjoy reading the comments written on such blogs. Especially, entertainment, news etc. Now, in reading these comments I possess that knowledge that some people are simply mean. Typically, I just shrug it off and say (to myself that is) "what an ass." But today I think I have seen an all time low in blog commenting. I read a very sad local news article about a 26 year old woman who tragically died on Us-1. My eyes immediately lower to the comment section and this is what I read:
women cannot drive. the makeup, the cellphone, the
entitlement issue.. get
out of the fast lane if you're gonna be going 30 mph
and thinking you're at home
on your couch talking on the phone! and don't
take it personal if someone is
flashing their high beams for you to get the
?@#$%*&# out of the way!!! its
totally frustrating. they should have a
tougher driving test for women.



Look, I am no Femi-Natzi. I could care less when men feel the need to bash women because frankly, I don't listen to half of what a typical man says anyway. However, must we be so insensitive? From one human being to another, shouldn't we feel sadness toward the loss of life. Seriously, who reads such a sad article and thinks "hey, this is the perfect opportunity for me to slam women. I am going to comment on how women drivers suck because that's probably what the readers want to hear" Listen up fella, we do not need your two useless obnoxious cents. A sad story does not warrant such remarks. mean people suck

Just because the Internet is now an outlet for our opinions, does not, and should not give anyone the right to just be mean. It's like the old wise expression goes "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." The blogisphere for some reason has upped the ante for meanness. I see these kind of comments in reference to many stories. The Octomom, Angelina and Brad, John Mayer, Jennifer Aniston...fat people, skinny people, ugly people, pretty people.....and the list goes on and on.

I get that we have freedom of speech, but why would anyone want to say something for the soul purpose of being mean to others? In this new technological society we live in I have discovered that too many people have "lost that lovin feeling" towards fellow man. I say it is time to STOP the madness!!!!!

Thank you for the opportunity to vent PEACE

give peace a chance

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, the Internet is a wonderful thing for many reasons. But unfortunately, it's abused by a segment pf society who get their jollies at the expense of other people. I am willing to wager that the schmuck who wrote that either has serious "mommy issues" or is going through a bitter divorce.

    Or, he could be some 14-year-old kid writing from mommy's computer in the basement.

    Regardless, these people are nothing new and only by the fact there is now an outlet for them, they take advantage.

    I'd bet that guy will change his tune when it's his daughter driving.

    ReplyDelete