Wednesday, January 14, 2009

American Idol 8 has finally arived

The long await is finally over! American Idol has found its way back into our lives and back on T.V. Just when we thought there was nothing on the tube these days our prayers were answered. So obviously we must talk about the new judge, Kara DioGuardi. I am going to start on a positive note. (and believe me that was a tough yet kind decision of me) I like that she has the music background to back up her judgments. She has written hundreds of songs for countless musicians. She even has a good voice, which she made it a point to share with us while judging "bikini girl." However, I feel she has no right to show off her pipes while judging others. Obviously, she has more experience, obviously she has had more training, and quite frankly, I feel she was just showing off and hording the spotlight. Clearly she was jealous of the hot skanky bimbo because Simon wasn't giving her all the attention. Get over yourself Kara, kira, kary, or whatever your name is. Furthermore, you are not Simon and you need to earn the right to be a "cold hearted snake." (did you like what I did there....that's a Paula Abdul song in case you missed the pun). There was a bubbly annoying little 16 year old who was so excited to meet her idol, Kara. This girl at 16 has written over 100 songs and really looked up to Kara. Granted her singing was dreadful and she was quite immature even for 16 but when that girl walked out of the room Kara had this to say "that's my number one fan, what does that say about me?" (i put that in quotes but that may not be the exact words...but pretty damn close). Now, we expect that attitude from Simon but I thought it was a bit harsh. This poor girl may not have known what Kara said at the time of her audition, but poor thing has to watch it on T.V. And that is who she idealizes (and probably the only fan Kara even has because come on lets face it, who ever even heard of her before yesterday) I know I am ranting but I just think that was a bit cocky for a new comber. I could go on about this chick but I guess my point has been made. She is one of those girls has the "it's all about me" syndrome.



As always, I lov
ed Simon. He just has a way about him. He has his thoughts written all over his face. He could even be mute and we would understand what he was saying... but oh, that British accent.....HOT!!!!




The rest of the show was good, entertaining. Randy and Paula were...Randy and Paula. I hope to see some cat fights though with Paula and Kara..whatever her name is.
Looking forward to more AI tonight.



2 comments:

  1. I agree with your assessment of Kara (Kira?). She came across as spoiled, selfish and unprofessional. If she keeps that up, her days on the show will be short indeed.

    However, in her defense, Bikini girl was not very good and would never had made it through clothed. I would have loved to see Simon tell her to come back when she got dressed and show some pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been a great line for Simon. I was sad to see his "hormonal" side

    ReplyDelete